Boston Vacation         10th of June to 24th June 2018

Sunday 10 June 2018

Flight

The flight took off at 10am and by 10:30 we were at 34,000 feet and travelling at 517 miles an hour. Now it was time for the refreshment trolley to make it's the first trip along the plane so I availed myself of the free beer that was on offer as it would be awfully rude not to. There is supposed to be free WIFI on here, but I couldn't seem to get it to work even though I can connect to it. It was the same at the airport so I don't know if I was doing something wrong or the phone just doesn't like it, but I had no problem last time, I'm sure I can live without the web for a while anyway although I do have other devices I can try.

11:00
I smell lunch, time for a swift beer before they serve lunch, normally this is the worst part of any of the flights we have been on but today we were in for a surprise. Jane had the chicken risotto and I had the pasta and both were actually really good, even the chocolate moose wasn't frozen solid, and the knives and forks are good quality. Nothing like eating lunch at 36,000 feet doing 530 miles an hour. We still have about 5 hours to go, but a full belly makes it better.

12:00
After much trying I've finally got the Internet to work and although it takes a long time for things to happen, it's working and Facebook, as well as Messenger, doesn't require you to buy any airtime.
Just when things were getting boring someone opened the overhead compartment and the hinge broke so it's hanging down in the aisle now, there are 6 people involved in trying to fix it after they managed to get all the stuff out that was in there. What they need is an engineer on the plane or somebody with a load of the things that you put the weekly tickets, bus tickets in at work they can stick anything to anything. Still, it was interesting to watch while I was eating my ice cream.

14:40
Starting drag now, but there is only a couple of hours to go, no chance of getting any sleep on here but tried to have a nap anyway. Hopefully, they will come round with some beer and snacks again soon, by the time that is over with we should be almost ready to land. I suppose it could be worse, if you are heading to San Francisco then we would still have 7 hours to go.

15:40
They finally came round with the snacks which were cheese and turkey croissant and that was nice as well, either the food has gotten better or maybe it's just Delta, we will find out on the way back as that flight is with Virgin Atlantic. There are only 260 miles to go now so it's a mad rush for them to collect everything up, I can't help thinking why they don't come round a bit sooner so you don't have to shovel it down your neck like a seagull at Blackpool. Hopefully, they remembered to put the wheelchair on the plane when left because it's normally a 5-mile hike to customs. The landing went ok and the overhead bin that broke stayed in place, but another bit of the interior came off when we hit the runway, it's OK if bits fall off inside but not outside of the plane.
Hopefully, it won't be too much hassle getting on the shuttle bus to the subway station then 2 trains into the city. That's for the next post though.