Boston Vacation         10th of June to 24th June 2018

Saturday 9 June 2018

Time to go

OMG, it's early, hopefully, I haven't booked 2 weeks holiday in Boston Lincolnshire.
This holiday was put together at the last minute or what I call the last minute, with only 8 weeks to plan everything that's about 40 weeks less than normal. We had been planning on going to Philadelphia, but events seemed to conspire against us at the last moment, most of this was due them filming the movie Creed in the city I think which pushed the price up of hotels to around £2,500, a price we are not prepared to pay when you also add in the silly amount they wanted for flights. We had planned on coming in 2019 so thought what the heck lets do it now.
I've spent some time on the website for our previous vacations and now, hopefully the clocks, weather widgets and links all work.

The taxi picked us up at 4:10am this morning for the hour or so ride to Heathrow. When I said an hour or so it turned out to be 65 minutes because if you drive like a lunatic you get here quicker, I think he didn't want to be doing this today, it's not like he's doing it for free.

7am beer o'clock
Our flight didn't leave until 9:40 but its a 3 hour check-in prior to leaving and I hate being on the last minute at the airport because we seem to always  go from a different terminal each time and you never know how long the walk will be, last time we went it was a 20 minute walk to get to the departure gate, that's why we take the wheely for Lady J.
We checked the bags in by 5:30 then headed off through the security check which went remarkably easy, normally it's a bit of a bun fight, perhaps it's just the time of day, but I didn't even go through the scanner, I must have an honest looking face.

It was time for a bacon roll at 6:30 which was yummy, for some unbeknown reason I can't seem to connect to the WiFi in the terminal, it worked last year, but today it's having none which makes writing this on my phone more difficult, oh well I'm sure I can manage which just a phone. 

I think we have been in terminal 3 before and it sucks, there are no windows that look out over the runway so you can't watch the planes taking off which is about the only interesting thing to do. I've often wondered if all these shops, they have in here ever made any money because you never see anybody buying anything from, most people are just killing time. 

It's 7 o'clock now, but feels much later, so I think I'm going to head into the pub for a beer or two as they don't put up the gate number until about 8:20.
Second beer over with now and the gate number has come up at 8:20 so let's hope this isn't a 3-mile hike across the airport. I have walked 6 miles in airports in one day on a previous trip.

08:53 and we are sitting on the plane after Lady J was picked for an extra groping prior to boarding which is something I've not seen before. Looks like this is a full flight as the one yesterday was cancelled for some reason. So my next post will be when we arrive in 7 to 8 hours.